45 Pupsaver Black/White Houndstooth Dog Car Seat
Every product has it's own size chart which can be FOUND IN THE SECONDARY PHOTOS (under the main photo) on each item or in the description of the product.
No two size charts are exactly the same! A small on one size chart might be a medium on another size chart. For this reason, we ask that you measure your dog and refer to the size chart on each item in your order to ensure that you will receive a product that fits. Below is a guide to help you measure your dog. If you require assistance, please CONTACT US. We are happy to help!
- To determine the proper size for your dog, measure your dog's neck, chest, and back with a soft tape measure following the instructions below.
- If you don't have a soft tape measure handy, but you do have a printer, CLICK HERE! When all else fails, use a string or ribbon to wrap around the dog and then lay flat next to a rigid tape measure or ruler.
- When measuring your dog, the pet must be standing in a normal position. Laying down or sitting will result in inaccurate measurements.
1. Neck circumference is measured at the base of the neck where the collar sits. Pull the tape snug but not tight.
2. Back length is measured from the base of your pet's neck where the collar sits, to the base of the tail.
3. Chest girth is measured at the widest part of the pet's chest just behind the front legs. Measure around the entire chest.
*For clothing, accurate chest measurements are critical, especially in breeds who have a much deeper chest. Please go one size larger for dogs with very thick fur or if the chest measurements fall between sizes.
4. Paws are measured by standing your pet on a sheet of paper and tracing all four paws including fur and nails. Measure the width and length of the largest paw print to determine your dog's shoe size. Alternatively, some shoes will have a printable size chart.
The reasons for having a rear-facing dog car seat are similar to the reasons we keep infants and children up to 30 lbs. in a rear-facing seat for as long as possible. According to auto accident data, the majority of injuries in small children occur from coming into contact with hard surfaces in the car, like dashboards and front seatbacks. For unrestrained pets, this hard surface could be a windshield, front seatback, hard crate or worse. PupSaver is the only pet product manufacturer to address this concern and take safety beyond restraint. This patented rear-facing design mimics an infant safety seat and keeps your dog's head and neck supported and safe. Providing this kind of energy absorption is something that a seatbelt harness or crate can never do. The petite PupSaver is for tiny dogs only. Your dog must be 10 lbs or under and no taller than 12" in height when seated. Please purchase the Original PupSaver for ANY dog larger than these measurements, no matter what the breed. This recommendation is for your dog's safety and comfort!- Same rear-facing design and 5-point seatbelt attachment system as the original PupSaver
- Newly added heavy-duty metal hooks for lower latch (child safety seat) attachment points in the back seat
- Top safety strap attaches to child safety seat anchor (located behind the headrest in the back seat) securing the PupSaver 45 in case of accidents or hard stops.
- Crash tested to 45 lbs., using our 45 lb. test dog apparatus
- Now all dogs up to 45 lbs. can have a crash test-worthy safety seat, which provides the head and neck support that seatbelt harness systems lack
- A new all-metal tether attachment system
- For use in the back seat only
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED - NO INFLATION
Weight = 10 lbs.
Seat Cover Fabric: Nylon.
Filling: Polyester Fiber.
Seat Pad Filling: Polyurethane foam.
Tether Clasp/ Tether Attachment Points: Metal.
Size: 31" (seat bottom width) x 23" (seat bottom depth) x 23" (seat back height) For use with dogs up to 45 lbs.
Please measure your car's seat before purchasing. Due to strict health regulations, this item cannot be restocked and resold. Returns/Exchanges are not accepted.