The Rawicz Lapis Lazuli Dog Palace
Every product has it's own size chart which can be FOUND IN THE SECONDARY PHOTOS (under the main photo) on each item or in the description of the product.
No two size charts are the same! A small on one size chart might be a medium on another size chart. For this reason, we ask that you measure your dog and refer to the size chart on each item in your order to ensure that you will receive a product that fits. Below is a guide to help you measure your dog. If you require assistance, please CONTACT US. We are happy to help!
- To determine the proper size for your dog, measure your dog's neck, chest, and back with a soft tape measure following the instructions below.
- If you don't have a soft tape measure handy, but you do have a printer, CLICK HERE! When all else fails, use a string or ribbon to wrap around the dog and then lay flat next to a rigid tape measure or ruler.
- When measuring your dog, the pet must be standing in a normal position. Laying down or sitting will result in inaccurate measurements.
1. Neck circumference is measured at the base of the neck where the collar sits. Pull the tape snug but not tight.
2. Back length is measured from the base of your pet's neck where the collar sits, to the base of the tail.
3. Chest girth is measured at the widest part of the pet's chest just behind the front legs. Measure around the entire chest.
*For clothing, accurate chest measurements are critical, especially in breeds who have a much deeper chest. Please go one size larger for dogs with very thick fur or if the chest measurements fall between sizes.
4. Paws are measured by standing your pet on a sheet of paper and tracing all four paws including fur and nails. Measure the width and length of the largest paw print to determine your dog's shoe size. Alternatively, some shoes will have a printable size chart.
Rawicz (ra-vee-ch) is the artist's family coat of arms dating back to 1003 and brand name for a line of handcrafted, one-of-a-kind, signed, numbered and dated indoor pet palaces for the smallest of human companions (up to 18 pounds). These stunning dog palaces are made from semiprecious stone, Swarovski crystals, solid exotic woods, and veneers. Chihuahuas, Papillons, Pomeranians, Toy Poodles, Yorkshire Terriers, Dachshunds, and other small breeds would enjoy residing in this gorgeous work of art.
The Rawicz Lapis Lazuli palace has 18-inch wide and 18-inch deep interior space, reaching up to approximately 25 inches at the tip of its pitched roof. Its external roof and walls are made from lapis lazuli, a semiprecious gemstone, edged in gold-leafed solid wood and Australian lacewood. The two rectangular window frames with brass mesh inserts, rectangular entryway, and feet are also made from solid Australian lacewood, embellished with a total of over 3,000 Swarovski light blue crystals, sparkling like diamonds in sunlight or artificial light. Interior walls, floor, and pitched ceiling are inlaid with Australian lacewood veneer.
A special order lavish sheepskin pillow (choice of off white or dark brown) with an organic aromatherapy lavender insert is added for comfort.
The back wall of this palace is decorated with a handcrafted, one-of-a-kind jeweled Zardozi carpet. These treasures were carefully chosen to add to the uniqueness of these palaces. They are intricately woven in Kashmir of metallic thread and semiprecious stones.
Each Rawicz Pet Palace has a burned signature at its bottom (the Rawicz family coat of arms), date and product number. Also, each palace has a good luck charm made of Swarovski crystals hidden in its interior, known only to the artist and the owner, to further validate the authenticity of the product.
This treasure weighs over 80 pounds.
This is only one of the three currently available Rawicz Pet Palaces. The artist is contemplating creating two additional pet palaces in the same size and shape primarily made of tiger eye and multi-colored Swarovski crystals. He is also considering further work in amethyst, malachite and amber... especially amber, as he spent many years as an amber jeweler. He welcomes the opportunity to create special order work in any material, shape and/or size.
In addition to the pet palaces, the artist is offering to create a stand-alone feeding area with matching pet palace materials and two Tiffany bowls (for food and water).
The Rawicz Pet Palace product price - the current product price is based on the cost of materials and artisan hourly rate. It can take approximately a month to create one of these masterpieces.
Marek Kurowski, the artist, is a jeweler and a European master craftsman having worked and trained over the past forty years in historical restoration, design, and manufacturing of architectural woodwork, custom cabinetry, and furniture. His artistry has been featured in Architectural Digest and other publications. Testimonials on the artist's craftsmanship and quality of work are available upon request.
Marek is combining his decades of experience making works of art with wood and jewelry to create these exquisite pet palaces. Providing a Rawicz pet palace for your precious, four-legged family member is a statement of how important he/she is to your life.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery as this item is custom made to order. Due to strict health regulations, this item cannot be restocked and resold. Returns/Exchanges are not accepted.