Today I stumbled across a dog biscuit recipe. I thought it might be fun to post it and see what people think about it! If you bake them, let us know how your pet's like them!
1. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees and lightly greased cookie tray.
* 10 cups organic rye flour
* 6 cups organic barley flour
* 8 ounces organic apple puree
* 2 tablespoons organic cinnamon
* 6 cups of water may vary a bit depending on weather
2. Mix all together, roll out to desired thickness, cut into bone shape biscuit, cookie shape, vegetable or shape of your choice. Place on a lightly greased tray. For a shiny biscuit, brush with an egg wash (1 egg mixed with 1 teaspoon of water)
3. Place in a preheated 325-degree oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on how thick or thin you roll out the dough.
4. Cool thoroughly and store in a dog treat jar, no refrigeration needed. Thoroughly baked they store for a very long time and usually last for a full year.
Yield is about 5 pounds of treats/biscuits/cookies. The number of treats varies depending on the size and shape that are cut, and how thick or thin you roll out the dough. Your dogs will love you even more! And the whole house smells great while you are baking these! Enjoy.
Want to know if this vegan treat is good for your dog? Check out our article on vegan dog foods!